A uniquely high concentration of international decision-making centres
Paris, 1st city in Europe when it comes to the number of headquarters of companies listed in the Fortune Global 500
Paris La Défense is home to a uniquely high concentration of international decision-making centres. With its 500 companies, 40% of which are foreign, the business quarter is effectively the international entry point of the Grand Paris. Paris is the 1st city in Europe (3rd internationally) when it comes to the number of headquarters of companies listed in the Fortune Global 500. Out of the 29 companies in Paris, 15 are established at La Défense.
The business quarter is also part of the main research and development hub in the region.
- 160,000 employees, 500 companies
- The Hauts-de-Seine benefits from 65% of the research and development expenditure (and 65% of researchers)
- The most favourable R&D tax credit in Europe
Sectorial distribution of jobs at Paris La Défense Katalyse for Defacto 2015
- 34% Banks and Insurance,
- 29% Energy,
- 15% Audit and Consulting,
- 10% Industry and Production,
- 7% Information and Communication,
- 5% Other
Origin of foreign companies established at Paris La Défense Katalyse for Defacto 2015
- 46% Europe,
- 41% North America,
- 11% Asia,
- 2% Other
Paris, 2nd international business hub
PwC Cities of Opportunity 7
3.5 million sq. m of office space
275,000 sq. m immediately available
With 3.5 million sq. m of office space, half of which is new or restructured, Paris La Défense has a first-class property portfolio, including new towers that meet current international and environmental standards. By 2019, the quarter will benefit from an additional 200,000 sq. m of new tertiary office space.
- Despite a relatively low vacancy rate, Paris La Défense has 275,000 sq. m of real estate that’s immediately available:
- surface areas smaller than 5000 sq. m: 115,000 sq. m
- surface areas larger than 5000 sq. m: 160,000 sq. m
- Real estate has increased by 12% since 2005
- The demand in the 1st semester of 2016 was of 175,000 sq. m, 31% of which for bank/finance/insurance companies.
Prime rental values:
- Central London: 1554€ / sq. m / year
- Central Paris (West): 743€ / sq. m / year
- Paris La Défense: 550€ / sq. m / year
CBRE September 2016
Paris, ranked 1st city in the world for the coverage of its public transport system
Less than 3h away from the main European cities
Located 15 minutes from the historical centre of Paris and near international stations and airports, Paris La Défense benefits from one of the best public transport networks in the world*, enabling 87% of employees to commute to the business quarter on a daily basis. This network will be improved by the Grand Paris project, which will involve the creation of 200km of new lines by 2030.
* Ranked 1st city in the world for the coverage of its public transport system (PwC Cities of Opportunity 7 – September 2016)
Paris La Défense :
- Less than 3h away from the main European cities,
- 5 high-capacity railway lines,
- 22 bus lines
- 23,000 parking places
- 2 high-capacity lines in construction (RER E et line 15 of the Métro), which will reduce travel time for airport links.
At the heart of the most dynamic region in Europe
160,000 employees, 60% of which are executives
Paris La Défense is located at the heart of the most dynamic region in Europe: 12 million inhabitants, 1.6 million people live within 40 minutes of the business quarter.
The attractivity of the area and the companies based there have made Paris La Défense THE business destination of the capital region.
- 160,000 employees, 60% of which are executives
- 15 higher education institutions catering for 17,000 students
- 40% of foreign companies
Paris La Défense is at the heart of an area that’s renowned for its quality of life
Paris, ranked first in the world for its quality of life
Located West of Paris, in the Hauts-de-Seine, Paris La Défense is at the heart of an area that’s renowned for its quality of life: 96% of inhabitants in the Hauts-de-Seine have said they are happy living there.*
*Ifop survey, April 2015
Other than its cultural and historical heritage, the large green spaces and good schools, the Hauts-de-Seine offers high quality housing options that meet the highest international standards.
- Paris, ranked first in the world for its quality of life PwC Cities of Opportunity 7, septembre 2016
- The area benefits from good educational establishments, including international schools:
- the American School of Paris (ASP) in Saint-Cloud,
- the Marymount International School in Neuilly-sur-Seine,
- the Institut Notre-Dame in Meudon,
- the Internationale Deutsche Schule Paris (iDSP) in Saint-Cloud,
- the International Sections of Sevres (SIS Chaville-Sèvres) in Sèvres ;
- The Lycée Espagnol de Paris in Neuilly-sur-Seine...
Paris La Défense is home to one of the largest shopping centres in Europes
600 shops, 125 restaurants, 2600 hotel rooms, 16 cinema screens
Cultural events and activities punctuate life in Paris La Défense. This is the result of a specific local policy introduced to make the area even more friendly, lively and dynamic.
It is also home to one of the largest shopping centres in Europe and a large number of local shops.
La Défense also boasts international works of art, including pieces by Calder, Mirò, César, Richard Serra…
- A dynamic events policy: festivals, sports, festive activities...
- Paris La Défense Art Collection: a selection of 69 monumental works of art to discover
- 600 shops, 125 restaurants, 2600 hotel rooms, 16 cinema screens
- Paris, ranked 2nd in the world for its cultural vitality Source: PwC Cities of Opportunity 7
Paris La Défense is not just a business district, it has opened its doors to many other uses
For 60 years, Paris La Défense has been shaped and reinvented to adapt to the changes in the needs of the people that visit it every day.
Only recently still very much dedicated to the world of work, the quarter has now opened its doors to many other uses. The quality of life, choice of restaurants and activities are now an integral part of its development.
© EPADESA L'Autre Image/ © Enia architectes - image By-encore (1) / © Stephane Malka architecte - archirendering
90% of employees consider Paris La Défense an area where it is pleasant to work
A strong events policy, qualitative management of public spaces, the development of new services for companies and their employees...have made Paris La Défense an area that’s very much appreciated by its users.
- 90% of employees consider Paris La Défense an area where it is pleasant to work
- 94% of employees consider the quarter to have a strong international scope
- 94% of employees are happy with the range of shops (the largest shopping centre in continental Europe is located in La Défense)
- 95% of employees generally feel safe at La Défense
- 77% of employees consider that it is evolving in the right direction (64% in 2014)
Baromètre BVA – October 2015
benefit from personalised support, services and the commitment of a dedicated organisation : Defacto
Establishing yourselves at La Défense gives you the opportunity to join the largest business quarter in Europe, and benefit from personalised support, services and the commitment of a dedicated organisation.
Defacto’s 130 collaborators are keen to support the companies in their establishment and simplify their relationships with the business quarter.
Defacto offers a range of 7 services:
- Facilitating access to the site
- Welcoming and informing users
- Encouraging the promotion and development of the area
- Renting out and enhancing the public spaces
- Organising events and activities
- Maintaining and improving the public spaces and heritage
- Ensuring the safety of persons and goods
125 restaurants in the business quarter, including 66 terrasses
15 minutes away from the historical centre of Paris
France benefits from an internationally renowned historical and cultural heritage. It has shaped the French art de vivre, founded on a tradition of hedonism, at the heart of which French gastronomy holds a particularly special place.
This heritage has informed the development of the business quarter, located on the historical Axis linking the Louvre to the Grande Arche of La Défense.
- 125 restaurants in the business quarter, including 66 terrasses
- 15 minutes away from the historical centre of Paris
- 10 minutes away from the Fondation Louis Vuitton
Discover Paris la Défense
to settle in La Défense
to settle in La Défense